A preview of fiction titles we’re looking forward to in the next nine months.
Don’t Forget! Although this is the final “regular” episode of Books on the Nightstand, there will be an episode 390 – filled with hilarious bloopers!
Information on our special Two Dozen Books We Can’t Wait For You to Read Sweepstakes is available here. Be sure to enter now! While entering, you can opt-in to a mailing list, where we can keep you updated on BOTNS news. We can’t guarantee what we will be sending out via this list other than that we will share our two monthly selections that will go to the winners of the sweepstakes. (Something many of you asked for!)
If you’d like to join the mailing list for possible future BOTNS news, but can’t enter the sweepstakes because you live outside the US, you can sign up here.
Tell me what to read this summer! Go here to vote on which of six titles I’m embarrassed to say I still haven’t read I should read before Labor Day.
My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante, narrated by Hillary Huber, is Ann’s pick for this week’s Audiobooks.com Audiobook of the Week.
Special thanks to Audiobooks.com for sponsoring this episode of Books on the Nightstand.
Audiobooks.com allows you to listen to over 100,000 audiobooks, instantly, wherever you are, and the first one is free. Download or stream any book directly to your Apple or Android device. Sign up for a free 30-day trial and free audiobook download by going to www.audiobooks.com/freebook
Fiction Preview (11:39)
There’s a ton of great fiction titles coming out in the next 9 months. Here are our picks:
- DC: The New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke
- The Wolf Road by Beth Lewis
- How to Set a Fire and Why by Jesse Ball
- The Dream Life of Astronauts by Patrick Ryan
- Dr. Knox by Peter Spiegelman
- The Last One by Alexandra Oliva
- The Heavenly Table by Donald Ray Pollock
- The Invoice by Jonas Karlsson
- Heroes of the Frontier by Dave Eggers
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- The Nix by Nathan Hill
- Good Morning, Midnight by Lily Brooks-Dalton
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- The Ballroom by Anna Hope
- Nutshell by Ian McEwan
- Dear Mr. M by Herman Koch
- The Apartment: A Horror Story by S.L. Grey
- The Last Days of Night by Graham Moore
- The Mothers by Brit Bennett
- Hag-Seed by Margaret Atwood
- Angel Catbird, Vol. 1 by Margaret Atwood and Johnnie Christmas
- Untitled Novel by Hannah Tinti
- Ill Will by Dan Chaon
That brings us to the end of last full episode of Books on the Nightstand. THANK YOU to all of you who’ve been with us on this bookish journey, whether from episode 1 or episode 389. You have all made this worthwhile!
— Ann and Michael