Aug 13, 2008
Today's show is all about mysteries.
- First, we solve a common mystery: is that book a mystery, or is
- Next, we talk about three great mysteries that will keep you
- Black and White and Dead All Over by John
Darnton is set in the newspaper world, and teams up a young cop
with a rebellious reporter to find out who killed a high-powered
- In Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, a newspaper
reporter must return to her hometown to write about the murder of a
young girl and the disappearance of another; meanwhile, she must
face some demons from her past and dig up some family secrets.
- Mind's Eye is the first book in Hakan Nesser's
series featuring Chief Inspector Van Veeteren. One morning, Janek
Mitter wakes up surrounded by empty wine bottles, and finds his
wife dead in the bathtub. Did he murder her? Van Veeteren is on the
Lastly, two new books we can't wait for you to read:
Tethered by Amy MacKinnon, and Still
Waters by Nigel McCrery. Listen in to hear why you should
search out these new mysteries.
Full details of the books discussed are at our blog:
Please visit us there.