Aug 27, 2008
Today's show is just a little bit different. Michael is away, and
Ann's going solo. Well, almost
- First, a word of thanks for your support. We are honored that
you've chosen to read our blog and listen to our podcast, and we
very much appreciate all of your comments and
- Next, we have some special guests! Five of you answered our
request to call in with a book recommendation. Your messages are
fantastic, and I can't wait for everyone to hear. Contributors to
- Elaine McCarty recommending The
Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penney. You can find Elaine
- Amrita called in to tell us about The
Custodian of Paradise by Wayne Johnston. Amrita's blog is
- Rebecca told us about Why We Hate
Us by Dick Meyer. Read about more of Rebecca's reads at
- Amy Rea called in with a true favorite --
Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner, which she's
read 4 times (!). Amy blogs at http://www.flyover-land.com
- Christine, my good friend and reading buddy,
left a wonderful message with several of her favorites (too many to
list, but thankfully most have been discussed previously here at
Books on the Nightstand. Christine can be found at Goodreads.
- As always, something that we can't wait for you to read. Today,
it's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig
Larsson. Don't miss this one!
Full details of the book discussed are at our blog: http://www.booksonthenightstand.com
Please share your thoughts about this episode with us in the
comments. If you were too shy to call in, or missed the initial
call, please leave your book recommendation here in the comments.
We truly enjoy hearing about books that you love! We'll also be
talking about this topics over on the Books on the
Nightstand group at Good Reads -- it's free to join; please
come say hello!